1.12.2011

What concerns me...

This is the second week of January, and for us in Jackson, the first week back in the studios after Christmas break.

And that means that two important things are happening:

1: Each of us writes a letter to the leadership, outlining what the Lord has done in our live the past semester and whether we would like to stay on next year.

2: Our company directors, rehearsal director, and teachers each give us "written evaluations" of our individual technical, artistic, and spiritual growth. This is leading up to the "personal evaluations" in March, when the leadership meets with each of us to address any problems we may have and to tell us whether we are asked back for another year, being moved up, or going home.



When things like this are going on, it's easy to fall into doubting God's plan, trying to take our future into our own hands, or even just being anxious.

This verse has been helpful in reminding me that the Lord's ways are higher than mine, and that he is faithful to finish the good work he has begun in me:


"The LORD will accomplish that which concerns me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands."



1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you guys! It is so easy to get anxious and want to take things into your own hands instead of waiting on God. I'm very guilty of this! I hate the feeling of not being in control.

    Thank you for your comments on my blog! your Etsy looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note... We love to hear from you!